Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Report: Day 13 [19-12-2011]

Today is Monday, and I find that one of the best ways to combat the Monday Blues is to sweat it out!

Today is a routine work-out session. After resting for both Saturday and Sunday, I'm ready to hit the big time again tonight. Another immediate target of mine tonight is to improve on the efficiency of my work-out. During the last session on Friday (Day 10) I arrived late at the gym and barely had 1.5 hours to get everything (including showering) done before I had to rush off. I actually managed to hit that target, at the cost of cutting down on the cardio time by more than half. However, I made-up for it by increasing the intensity of the run. Why not try to match, or top that tonight?

That being said, not much time was wasted. I hit the free weights almost exclusively and I didn't wait too long in-between sets. I feel that the efficiency of my work-out has improved but I'm still far not hitting the original 30 minute resistance plan. Practically speaking, it may be a while until I'm able to do so. After about 10 minutes of brisk cardio (5 on the treadmill and 5 on the cross-trainer), I proceeded to hit the weights with a vengeance.

======================================================================

1. Leg Press

65 pounds
2 Sets of 15 reps
2 -4 Second Rule

I know it may not be all that necessary but I did increase the resistance of the leg press from 55 pounds to 65 pounds. Mind you, I still maintain that the actual weight itself is not paramount. One should lift in accordance to one's capability, and not to over-train or over-lift.

2. Bench Press with the Olympic Bar - Chest

44 pounds / 20kg
2 Sets of 15 reps
2 -4 Second Rule

I really do enjoy bench-pressing with the Oly Bar. Eventually I might look at adding an additional 5kg to 10kg (2.5kg or 5kg on each side). Baby steps.

3. Lateral Pull Back - Free Weights 

40 pounds
2 Sets of 15 reps
2 -4 Second Rule

No comments for this exercise but as mentioned in the earlier post, this is the preferred mode of exercise for my upper back. Might want to increase this eventually as well, although I am currently strugggling in the last few reps for Set 2.

4. Dumbbell Shoulder Press - Shoulders

4kg / each arm
2 Sets of 15 reps
2 -4 Second Rule

Also went without a hitch. I must admit though, that the last few reps in each set was a deep, deep burn. I'm getting used to it, but not soon enough. I can feel I need to work on my shoulders more in future.


5. Dumbbell Bicep Curls

6kg / each arm
2 Sets of 15 reps
2 -4 Second Rule

I was not getting the effect I wanted with 4kg bicep curls. So I 'upgraded' to 6kg and now it feels much better

6. Tricep Pushdown w/rope

19 pounds
2 Sets of 15 reps
2 -4 Second Rule

I also raised the weight of this one from 12 pounds to 19 pounds. While some of you may say that 12/19 pounds is child's play, I can assure you, my triceps are far from there. Baby steps.

7. Abdominal Crunches

45 pounds
2 Sets of 15 reps
2 -4 Second Rule

Ahh, I made a mistake on this one, and I'm paying the price. I pushed the envelop too far with 45 pounds on me, and now I've pulled the left-side of my neck. I can barely turn my neck to the right. I feel like Batman (Michael Keaton) now. Note to self: Reduce weight to maximum 35 pounds. For now.

8. Cardio Run (Treadmill)

Warm-Up:
2 minutes - Fast walk @ 5.5 kmph
1 minute - Slow Jog @ 6.0 kmph

Cardio:
1 minute - Fast jog @ 7.0 kmph
1 minute - Medium Sprint @ 9.0 kmph
1 minute - Fast jog @ 7.0 kmph 
1 minute - Medium Sprint @ 9.0 kmph
1 minute - Fast jog @ 7.0 kmph
1 minute - Medium Sprint @ 9.0 kmph
1 minute - Fast jog @ 7.0 kmph
1 minute - Medium Sprint @ 9.0 kmph
1 minute - Fast jog @ 7.0 kmph
1 minute - Medium Sprint @ 9.0 kmph
1 minute - Fast jog @ 7.0 kmph
1 minute - Medium Sprint @ 9.0 kmph
1 minute - Fast jog @ 7.0 kmph

Warm-Down:

2 minutes - Slow Jog @ 6.0 kmph to End
======================================================================

So there we go. I kinda injured myself on Day 13 thanks to some over-eager-beaver antics on my part. Oh well, you live and you learn. I may need to seek some physicial assistance on my neck if I'm going for a quicker path of relief.

On a side note, I'm feeling rather exhausted lately. I fear what Raj has warned me about before - over-training and the symptoms of it. Nevertheless, I have also been sleeping terribly for the past week so that may well be a contributing, if not sole factor for this condition of mine. After all, I have been feeling great everytime I'm done with the work-out and step out of the showers. I'll need to improve on my sleeping habits ASAP as I am sure it will affect my already fragile consitution. Over and out.


Thanks for viewing!


Disclaimer: The views published in the above Fight to Fitness Blog are the author's and the author's alone. If readers are not agreeable with the above views, well, you can bugger-off. All rights are reserved for the the photos and/or articles itself. This article may be reproduced with permission for the author or private or public usage, or other forms of general mayhem. Any unauthorize usage of the images and/or article contained therein is expressly prohibited and violators will be prosecuted with the full force of Malaysian law applicable. Thank you for reading this disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment