Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Report: Day 29 [4-1-2012]

I'm at TruFitness Hartamas again today. My 7-day pass expires on 5th January so I'm going to freeload once again.

I know this Fight to Fitness blog is not meant to be a review of any kind (save for reviewing fitness techniques and methods which may or may not work), but I just want to take the opportunity to say that this particular branch (TF, Hartamas) looked worn-out and badly maintained. I can't compare it to my own gym because my gym is about 1 year old - so arguably, everything is still new. However, TF in Hartamas is poorly maintained to say the least.

Starting with the showers (because I love showering in the gym), the shower rooms are tiny. I can't imagine one of those muscle-bound hulks fitting into one of those. The shower curtains have holes in them, every metal ring or part is rusted, and the plastic drain covers are missing or broken.
The gym lockers are OK I guess - with considerable wear and tear (nothing out of the ordinary all things considered) - although some of the locking latches were bent out of shape. Not uncommon but it should have been fixed some time ago.

There are tons of machines there. I believe one for every form of exercise. Impressive really. However my early training by Master Raj has somehow influenced my away from relying too much on machines. The Free-Weights section also looks impressive with its monstrous looking contraptions. Once again, no comparison to my home gym because mine in meant to be way smaller than a full scale one. However, the equipment there appeared old and even rusty. The Olympic Bar for example appeared rusty. I couldn't even find many lighter dumbbells there. It's like they want all of us to me monstrous!

A bright spot there is the staff. Everyone is totally friendly and helpful. I tried to tell them nicely that I'm just trying out the gym on a 7-day pass but they insisted on giving me a free PT session anyways. Nice of them. Overall, its a decent place, don't get me wrong. Just sharing some observations. Oh, and take note on their payment plan. You're actually required to pay the entire subscription in advance - i.e. 1 year membership you pay lump sum for 12 months, as opposed to paying monthly fees.

======================================================================

1. Leg Presses

Weight stack: 55kg equivalent (in TF, more like 100+kg/200+ pounds)
Sets: 2
Reps per set: 15

2. Bench Press

Weight stack: Oly Bar + 2x 5kg weights = 30kg
Sets: 2
Reps per set: 15

3. Lateral Pull-Downs

Weight stack: 70 pounds total (Set 1), 80 pounds total (Set 2)
Sets: 2
Reps per set: 15

4. Dumbbell Shoulder Press

Weight stack: 5kg dumbbells per arm - Standing
Sets: 2
Reps per set: 15

5. Dumbbell Bicep Curls

Weight stack: 7kg dumbbells per arm - Standing
Sets: 2
Reps per set: 15

6. Tricep Pull-Downs

Weight stack: 40 pounds total (Set 1), 50 pounds total (Set 2)Sets: 2
Reps per set: 15

7. Stomach Crunches

Weight stack: 35 pounds
Sets: 2
Reps per set: 15
 
======================================================================

I did not manage to get any runs down today. Just as well, I didn't really like their threadmills. Something about it was too small or stoo flimsy or too... sometihing la. Once again, I found the Changing Room run-down. No change from the last time. Anyways, a bright spot here is the sheer size of the changing room. Nice to have more space anyways!


Thanks for viewing!

Disclaimer: The views published in the above Fight to Fitness Blog are the author's and the author's alone. If readers are not agreeable with the above views, well, you can bugger-off. All rights are reserved for the the photos and/or articles itself. This article may be reproduced with permission for the author or private or public usage, or other forms of general mayhem. Any unauthorize usage of the images and/or article contained therein is expressly prohibited and violators will be prosecuted with the full force of Malaysian law applicable. Thank you for reading this disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment